The Recipe For Making Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream.
You can make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream using 17 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Prepare of cupcakes.
- Mix 2 of eggs.
- Mix 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Insert 1 cup of apple cider.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Mix 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Insert 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Insert 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Insert 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Insert of frosting.
- Fill 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Fill 1/2 bag of Kraft caramels, melted with 2 tbsp water.
- Insert 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk for thinning if needed (or 2 tbsp).
Easy Way To Make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream
- For cupcakes: Whisk together all ingredients..
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350º for 19 minutes..
- For buttercream: In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and shortening..
- Add the powdered sugar and the caramel alternately (add the salt in with the caramel), mixing after each addition..
- Add milk, by the tbsp. as needed for thinning.
- *The caramel is a little tricky just in that it needs to be the right temperature-- warm enough that it's still liquid and can blend into the buttercream, but not so hot that it melts the butter making everything too thin. Evaluate the buttercream at about 4 tbsp of caramel-- if it's getting way too thin, stop adding caramel or add more powdered sugar. I found that 6 Tbsp. was perfect for my batch..
That's how to make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream Recipe.